Today I did this on my project...

• Lunar Engine v0.2.6 is out now! Download and check it out here. The map editor is also now fixed!

SkywardRiver

Legend
Legend
Jun 23, 2018
Canada
Gold
I've done this on a few other communities and it ends up being the biggest thread there, so I figured we should have one as well. The title says it all! Let us know what you did on your project today. Post as often as you can, and try to impress us. This will keep your motivation up for working on your project, as well as provide nice, valuable feedback!

sekaru

Veteran
Veteran
Jul 3, 2018
Gold
Screenshot 2018-08-22 at 21.52.11.png

My second ever project in JS was making a website for organising places to go on holiday with friends. Instead of chucking a load of links over Messenger/Whatsapp decided to make an app where you get a lobby (e.g. above the code is ABC55) and you and your invited friends can post links to places, restaurants, bars, whatever. The original Angular project died cause I couldn't figure out how to upgrade from like Angular 2 to 6 so I gave up on it and I'm now rewriting it with Infernojs.

Anyway you can add places and it'll webscrape an image for the cards. Previously you would only have upvotes and downvotes but I've swapped that out for emoji now cause I'm a millennial and that's all I understand. Design isn't finalised just slowly working on getting all the frontend done before hooking it up to and rewriting the backend now.

John

Owner
Owner
Head Developer
Jun 1, 2012
www.rpgorigin.com
Gold
Username Change
My second ever project in JS was making a website for organising places to go on holiday with friends. Instead of chucking a load of links over Messenger/Whatsapp decided to make an app where you get a lobby (e.g. above the code is ABC55) and you and your invited friends can post links to places, restaurants, bars, whatever. The original Angular project died cause I couldn't figure out how to upgrade from like Angular 2 to 6 so I gave up on it and I'm now rewriting it with Infernojs.

Anyway you can add places and it'll webscrape an image for the cards. Previously you would only have upvotes and downvotes but I've swapped that out for emoji now cause I'm a millennial and that's all I understand. Design isn't finalised just slowly working on getting all the frontend done before hooking it up to and rewriting the backend now.
Post us a link for it when it's done! My friend group just uses Facebook at the moment, but sometimes that can be a pain in the ass. Like we're trying to decide a camping location and weekend to go right now, and it's a pain because Facebook randomly decided to lock our poll so new options couldn't be added.

Would you consider adding an option for date selection as well?

Phenomenal

Aug 17, 2018
Gold
Today I worked on the start of a .NET client for discord that is going to (hopefully) have a bunch of things discord lacks such as mass message deletion and the ability to view the original version of an edited message.

John

Owner
Owner
Head Developer
Jun 1, 2012
www.rpgorigin.com
Gold
Username Change
Today I worked on the start of a .NET client for discord that is going to (hopefully) have a bunch of things discord lacks such as mass message deletion and the ability to view the original version of an edited message.
Hey this sounds pretty awesome. Would be neat to see some sort of API that could more easily bridge Discord with, say, in-game chats for developers.

@sekaru oh nice I actually really like that. Was wondering how the comments would fit into the overall page. Seems perfect. Now add social media integration so you can login with your Facebook

Phenomenal

Aug 17, 2018
Gold
Hey this sounds pretty awesome. Would be neat to see some sort of API that could more easily bridge Discord with, say, in-game chats for developers.
I'm slightly confused as to what you mean by that. Do you mean an API that allows for discord to be linked with in game chats so that you can send a discord message in game and communicate through discord with your group of players or am I completely missing the point?

John

Owner
Owner
Head Developer
Jun 1, 2012
www.rpgorigin.com
Gold
Username Change
I'm slightly confused as to what you mean by that. Do you mean an API that allows for discord to be linked with in game chats so that you can send a discord message in game and communicate through discord with your group of players or am I completely missing the point?
Yep. That's exactly what I meant :)

Phenomenal

Aug 17, 2018
Gold
Yep. That's exactly what I meant :)
It sounds interesting, how did you envision it? Would it be like automatic detection of the current channel and any chat messages are sent there or a system where players can join a team in a game and enter into a pm conversation on discord automatically? (This could be done by grabbing their token from local application storage or getting the user to configure it and then using this to create a system where the API acts as the users and creates a new pm with each member being added to the group)

John

Owner
Owner
Head Developer
Jun 1, 2012
www.rpgorigin.com
Gold
Username Change
It sounds interesting, how did you envision it? Would it be like automatic detection of the current channel and any chat messages are sent there or a system where players can join a team in a game and enter into a pm conversation on discord automatically? (This could be done by grabbing their token from local application storage or getting the user to configure it and then using this to create a system where the API acts as the users and creates a new pm with each member being added to the group)
I didn't think of the grouping / automatic PMing system, but I like that idea. I was more thinking there'd be a special channel in the game chat (like how WoW has channels for different zones, etc) called Discord, and it'd be linked to the game's official Discord, with messages in that channel in the game going to Discord and vice versa

Phenomenal

Aug 17, 2018
Gold
I didn't think of the grouping / automatic PMing system, but I like that idea. I was more thinking there'd be a special channel in the game chat (like how WoW has channels for different zones, etc) called Discord, and it'd be linked to the game's official Discord, with messages in that channel in the game going to Discord and vice versa
Oh that's a cool feature, grabbing users tokens automatically if they have the desktop app or getting them to manually add it could make that possible using their real accounts otherwise it could be done using a bot. Using personal user accounts bound to ingame accounts is cooler to me though.

Phenomenal

Aug 17, 2018
Gold
Worked with Rian and finished up v2 of my card maker.
Balrog Card Generator
This is using Canvas, learned quite a bit.

Currently thinking about how to make a card database with ingame cards.
I checked it out and it was good, more style customisation would be nice although since it's for personal use that's not really an issue. I checked out the js running behind the scenes and it's neat, consistent and extremely well commented so good job on the code side of things.

sekaru

Veteran
Veteran
Jul 3, 2018
Gold
Okay so I was working on that JustPickIt site and I wanted to make something a little smaller to have a base to work off and get right before tackling that much bigger project.

So here's Badbook, social media for complaints. You can choose your post background and text colour and when you post you post it to a global feed.
By making an account you can react the other posts and see the amount of reacts you've received. You can also still post anonymously with your account. The frontend is pretty much done, just need to finish off the backend.

bb.png