Runescape 3

• Lunar Engine v0.2.6 is out now! Download and check it out here. The map editor is also now fixed!

Old School vs. Runescape 3

• Old School

• Runescape 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rob

Jul 25, 2018
United Kingdom
www.rpgorigin.com
Gold
I used to play the MMORPG called Runescape back in 2006 throughout middle school and somewhat high school. Decided to get back into it recently. I have been playing Runescape 3 with activated memberships. I still have many of my old friends who are playing Old School from square one; after it got re-released. They told me to hop into that game, although it's hard restarting from the beginning as I don't have as much free time anymore, so I put joining Old School on hold, and continued playing Runescape 3. Runescape 3 is absolutely beautiful, I really can't believe how good it looks coming from the origins of a browser java game, it really does look modern and polished. It also runs very smooth, so I'm happy they left Java and went with a native client that I believe is in C or C++. Going from Old School to Runescape 3 is like a new adventure, however if I feel as if newer people went from Runescape 3 to Old School they wouldn't understand or play Old School, due to the graphics and no nostalgic feel of it. I feel though as if Runescape 3 is lacking a community like Old School had, unless it's due to me getting older and not being a kid anymore. New people who are experiencing Runescape now will have a different feel than many of us had playing, but I still can't help to feel a lot of people just play Runescape 3 for a time waste, rather than actual fun. Anyone else feel that?