[REQUEST]Increasing the width of the map editor

• Lunar Engine v0.2.6 is out now! Download and check it out here. The map editor is also now fixed!

Raklen

Jan 27, 2014
Gold
Hey guys, i'm getting mad trying to increase the width of the tile file that the map editor can blit (my limit is 224 pixels and don't know where / how to change it), i reached to the picBackSelect shows me what tile i have selected even go out the range, then now only need how to get the map blit that tile without blitting other one.

In the image can see that the editor can show the tiles and the preview is a tile out of that 224 range, but in the map the blitting counts as the next row (like if x= limit then y+1 && x-limit or something like that).

I dont like to ask for help but i'm getting really mad, i looked at similar engines and doesn't got clear water, i don't know if i have to touch directx module, or the sub blttiles/etc

Im using mirage 3.0.3, ask any part of my code to get more clues.

Thanks.

Rian

Legend
Legend
May 29, 2006
Gold
It's been a really long time since I've fooled with this stuff (just a warning :))

BUT! If I remember correctly, you have to change quite a bit. There will be code client and server side that needs changing to make it work. I can't remember where most is, but you'll likely need to make changes to code in frmMapeditor, the BLT loop (in modGameLoop?) as well as possibly how the maps are loaded and saved.

Raklen

Jan 27, 2014
Gold
Thanks! Now i have some places to search, i'll edit my post if i doed right, i stopped my project because of this issue -.- hahaha

See ya :D

Jack

Apr 12, 2008
Gold
Check the old tutorials here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.key2heaven.com/ms/forums/viewforum.php?f=183">viewforum.php?f=183</a><!-- l -->

Raklen

Jan 27, 2014
Gold
I need to unsertand right the differences of code between ms3.0.3 and ms4, by the way i found the way to increase the map editor width, but this will 'disturb' all your current maps (i'm searching for a way that doesn't crush the maps but i guess it can't, time by time)

Make a public const in moddirectx called

Public Const TileWidth (or TilesInSheets or whatever you want) = 16 '16 = 512 pixels, 8 = 256 pixels

Now search for the subs bltTile, bltFringeTile, blttile2 and editormousedown, and replace all the 7's (7 · 32 = 224 pixels is the default of mirage 3.0.3) with your public const, if you have fill map button you will also to modify it.

I know that is a simple way to do it, but maybe someone is searching for it, if someone have ideas to fix the map-crashing i'll be glad of reading it, if it's obligatory to re-map i will handle it with pride, now i must investigate about multiple tile-sheets (i have a bad calling with DD_TileSurf() )

See ya!

EDIT: I found a half-way to get multiple tilesheets, but i only can handle 1 tileset file in all the whole world at the same time, i have a problem with the well-known GroundTileSet/etc (i suppose it's the way that the server/client recognize what tileset is used for which layer, and i getting mad because in the server side crash me a RTE9 at the zone of SpawnMapItems).

I will post what i added in server-side to get more clues about the question, see ya later ^^