Mirage Mobile Update

• Lunar Engine v0.2.6 is out now! Download and check it out here. The map editor is also now fixed!

Fox

Sep 24, 2012
Gold
Thanks man :D

Looking to have combat along with all the basic effects in by Christmas, I'll post back when there's pretty things to show.

Fox

Sep 24, 2012
Gold
K double post but who cares amirite. I got some basic combat effects in and thought you guys might like to see :)

Here's a really shittily compressed gif:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/LimpingGleamingBushbaby">http://gfycat.com/LimpingGleamingBushbaby</a><!-- m -->

Klintel

Aug 10, 2015
Gold
Nice to see updates on this!

Now that auto attacks are implemented, will there be any sort of tap to move to position for character controls?

Also, are you handling map changes in classic Mirage style, or are you performing seamless transitions now?

Fox

Sep 24, 2012
Gold
Tap to move is something I've thought about, it is easy enough to implement (my pathfinding code is already all there for the NPC AI) so I will likely trial it in the not too distant future.

Map transitions as in, you walk to the edge of a map which is connected to another, are something I feel is important. at the moment I have it so if you go down stairs / through a portal the screen fades out then back in which feels quite tight, and you see your dude step out of the portal / off the stairs as it fades back in which is cool. I'd like map transitions to scroll but I spent an evening playing with it and (as with most things) it was inevitably a bit more complex than I'd anticipated and I figured my time would be better spent elsewhere for now. I sort of got it working, but drawing a buffered snapshot of the previous map offset exactly right against the edge of a map you are scrolling in was just a bit too epic for me at 2 in the morning on a Tuesday xD

It's something I'm going to revisit for sure though as I think it adds a lot to immersion (as immersive as a game such as this can be, anyway). Tonight health bars are the name of the game, health bars and blood splats on the ground when creatures take damage :D

Klintel

Aug 10, 2015
Gold
The movement momentum on stair transitions is definitely the polish that brings a little life into a game of this aesthetic. That's awesome :D

Are there more ways to follow the project beyond the blog and here?

Fox

Sep 24, 2012
Gold
Yeah I've found the evenings I have spent polishing stuff to be some of the most rewarding actually :)

Not at present, I should probably set up a twitter or something but I figured until the game is available to actually play people won't be too interested in what I'm doing so I've not really advertised at all. I don't know if that's a mistake or not >.<;