Hi guys - Questions and Resources

• Lunar Engine v0.2.6 is out now! Download and check it out here. The map editor is also now fixed!

Beliaul

Feb 2, 2015
Gold
Hello guys.

Began lurking around these sort of forums (Mirage, Playerworlds, Elysium etc) over 10 years ago and recently had an urge to take a look. I've played various games from this line of engines, so sure is a nostalgia rush.

I realise Mirage engines are all but dead, but theres something appealing about the retro aspect of it all.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I'm currently in the process of planning a game I'm interested in making; i'll never 'release it' or anything like that and its purely for my own enjoyment and satisfaction in the creation of it.

Needless to say, the last time I was around was a LONG time ago and alot has changed since then. So, a few questions;

1.) I plan on taking a barebones, stable source to use as my foundation and then add the features I like from the tutorial packs etc. Which would be the best source to use for that?

2.) I always preffered the art style of FF4 in relation to the mirage games, simply, timeless, retro. The sprite sheet/tilesheet thats bundled with the mirage releases is the default one, but I remember there being a much longer set of gfx that I had at one point. Does anyone recall any of the sources / engines that used this longer version of the ff4 tilesheet and spritesheet, and if not, any idea if those resources are still around?

Nice to check back in, thanks for your help!

Jack

Apr 12, 2008
Gold
1.) I plan on taking a barebones, stable source to use as my foundation and then add the features I like from the tutorial packs etc. Which would be the best source to use for that?
In-regards to the tutorials, most of the code from all them can apply to the most recent source. However that being said it, you will have to tweak some of them to get them to work the older you go.

2.) I always preffered the art style of FF4 in relation to the mirage games, simply, timeless, retro. The sprite sheet/tilesheet thats bundled with the mirage releases is the default one, but I remember there being a much longer set of gfx that I had at one point. Does anyone recall any of the sources / engines that used this longer version of the ff4 tilesheet and spritesheet, and if not, any idea if those resources are still around?
I don't have any of them; A google search for older games that where around at the time of MS prosperity might be able to still be downloaded

If you would like any help with that drop me a message.